Monday, November 2, 2009

I just started an organic lawn and are my arms tired

Organic grass farming is pretty simple. But it ain't easy.

I raced through Tukey's book, knowing that the clock was ticking. It was already October. If I didn't take action right now, I'd lose my opportunity for fall maintenance and renovation. And that would make things doubly difficult come spring, when those millions of crab grass seeds start germinating.

Had to work fast. To speed things up, when I wasn't reading the book, I was on Tukey's website, watching the videos.

Everything's easy in a two-minute Web video. In real life, things take a little more effort.

I don't know exactly how big my yard is. Now that I am in the middle of step one – aerating, scraping, raking and composting – I'm guessing around 10,000 square miles.

There's a lesson here. I think organic grass farming is the reason God created non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment